Wednesday, November 18, 2015

21 Years Down

Konnichi wa Kazoku to Tomodachi!

Another week down. I love this work! 

So, I was told this week that we can't prepare emails throughout the week. Therefore, all of my email typing has to be done in 75 minutes, which isn't a lot of time at all. So, I will probably get worse at responding to people, and if I do, they will most likely be short emails. Sorry.

But, I certainly appreciate all the emails and mail you all send me!

Notes on the Week
  • The Big 21: Well, I am now 21 somehow. Because the legal adult age in Japan is 20 and I don't drink, 21 really isn't too exciting of a birthday. But, my birthday still rocked. After Eikaiwa (the free English class we teach everyWednesday night), Koganemaru Shimai, one of the students/member of the branch, brought in a cake and drinks! They (about 15) all sang Happy Birthday in English and we had a little party! Plates were somehow forgotten, so we all just went ham on the cake with spoons and forks. See pictures below.
  • ありがとうございました!
  • Thank you very much to all who sent birthday presents and cards! I tried to send you all personal emails. But if I forgot, thank you very much. They were all much appreciated!
  • Japanese culture: Japan and America are very similar and different in many ways. I've only lived in this part of Japan so I'm not to sure how much this list applies to all of Japan, but here is list of some of the cool/different things I've noticed in the past two months.
    1. Lots of old, super healthy people! It is not out of the ordinary for us to see super old Nihonjin riding bikes or mo-peds or walking to and from the grocery store.
    2. Super strict rules with sorting trash. We have four trash cans in our apartment for trash! Apparently some missionaries in the past had the police called on them because they weren't sorting their trash properly. It's actually a pretty useful system. Similar-ish to what my sister has described as California's trash rules.
    3. Everyone bows all the time. I love it. 
    4. Rice with every meal.

Video and Spiritual Thought/Invitation for the Week
This is a pretty incredible video on Jesus Christ and His role in our lives. I invite you all to watch it (3 minutes), and then just take a few minutes to ponder it. If you believe in Christ, I invite you two write down three ways Christ has helped you specifically. If you don't believe in Christ, I invite you to write down three ways that others might believe Christ helps them. It'll help you understand your Christian friends more.



Pictures for the Week
1. The Eikaiwa Birthday cake! See above for more info.


2. Birthday lunch at the Fukatanis! They are both recent converts that love to feed us food. In addition to this, we had two large pizzas. They are incredible!!


3. New transfer so this is my new zone. 


Displaying Picture 1.JPG 
I love you all!!!

Elder Kevin Cash Colton

No comments:

Post a Comment