Monday, January 4, 2016

Nihao!

Nihao!

P-day's have been on Friday's the past two weeks (Christmas and New Years), but they are back on Monday now. I emailed just three days ago, so this one will be pretty short. 
Also, if anyone who reads these ever has anything they want to hear about, let me know! My email is Kevin.colton@myldsmail.net.

Notes on the Past Three Days
  • Dinner with the Hiramatsu Family: Last night we ate dinner at the house of one of the members in the congregation. The grandfather of this family has made it near the very top of my list of role models in my life. From day 1 in this area, he has taken me in, loved me, encouraged me, and strengthened me. He is so involved in the congregation and literally never worries about himself. To put it in perspective, he is up there with Antony Park on his level of selflessness (Antony Park is one of my best friends from college for those who don't know him). Hiramatsu Kyodai the one who always takes pictures for us (see last week Santa pictures). Anyways, one of the recent converts, Tanaka Kyodai, came to dinner with us. We ate Sukiyaki , which is pretty much boiled meet and vegetables that we dip in a raw egg. Super tasty. See pictures below.
  • Other Stuff: That's about all I have for this week. Life in Japan is still going well. Slowing figuring out this language and how to forget myself and serve. For anyone on the fence about serving a mission, do it! It is the most fulfilling thing I've done in my 21 short years of life.
Video and Invitation for the Week
I'll go ahead and step off my usual soap box for today. Todays's message is simple; the video is simple; and the invitation is simple. The message is the world needs more love; the video is about love; and the invitation is to love. お願いします!


Pictures for the Week
1. Dinner with the Hiramatsu Family! From left to right: Hiramatsu Kyodai, his granddaughter, me, Elder Horstmeier (my district leader). Notice the Frozen picture. They love that movie here!



2. This was from a week or so ago, but this is my zone for this transfer! I failed on the Christmas cheer.



I love you all!!!

Elder Kevin Cash Colton
Japan Fukuoka Mission

ケビン C. コルトン 長老
日本福岡伝道部

No comments:

Post a Comment