Monday, August 29, 2016

Another Transfer Come and Gone

こんにちは!!

Each transfer on the mission, more gets thrown on your plate and life gets moving a bit faster! It's interesting though because we have a 1030 curfew...As someone who is a night person who has always stayed up late to get homework and stuff done, I have always put sleep as a low priority. You would think that getting 7-8 hours of sleep every night for the first time in my life would help me recognize the importance of sleep. It has down the opposite! I sure love my sleep, but I am still convinced that me brain works best from 1100pm to 1am. I'll blame my mother and my good friend Antony Park for that one...

Notes/Stories from the Week
  • Parting ways with Elder Metekingi
    • After spending three months with Elder Metekingi, he got transferred down to Okinawa. Man, he was up there with my MTC companion with being one of the most loving, down to earth people I know. He is one of those people who simply enjoys life and helps others do the same. He deserves a prize for putting up with me stressing out over everything for the past 3 months. I already miss that kid!
  • Party in Fukuoka!!
    • On Wednesday I headed down to Fukuoka to pick up Elder Huege de Serville. He is another Australian! Just got out of the MTC but has the faith and fire to baptism the world! We are way excited! In Fukuoka I got to see Elder Johnson from the MTC with me! Way fun!!

Miracle/"Tendy Mercy" for the Week
Elder Serville (shortened version of his name) is huge on following the Spirit. The miracle for this week was one night where we decided to focus on testifying and following the Spirit. Simply put, I think of the Spirit as a guide that leads us to do the will of God. It was incredible! I have never poured out my soul to so many strangers in my life.

Video and Invitation for the Week
I've shared some of these Bible videos before, but I love how they put the Bible into real life. This one depicts the miracle of Jesus calming the tempest. The beauty of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is that He still lives and can come the tempest in each of our lives. Trust me, He helps me everyday!

https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2014-01-030-calming-the-tempest?cid=HP_WE_24-8-2016_dPFD_fMLIB_xLIDyL1-B_&lang=eng


Pictures for the Week.

-1: Seeing Elder Johnson from the MTC in Fukuoka!


-2: Going to seminary this week



-3: Saying goodbye to Elder Metekingi with a family in the other ward (he is getting his PHD at a nearby college)



Elder Kevin Cash Colton
Japan Fukuoka Mission

ケビン C. コルトン 長老
日本福岡伝道部

No comments:

Post a Comment