Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Elder Rowe, Elder Yamashita, and Sister Jones!

こんにちは!!

At this point, I've been "training" for three weeks. Training means they put a brand new missionary with an old man like me to give the older missionary some extra motivation and a kick in the pants. The older missionary tries to teach the new missionary how to be a missionary, but if for others it's anything like my experience so far, I'm the real one being trained. Elder Isaac Peter Huege de Serville is pretty incredible. He is from Australia and just graduated high school a few months ago (I'm a grandpa!). Coming from the MTC, he has a spiritual power that has given me the spiritual boost I didn't realize I needed. He likes to question everything we do, so it's helped me rethink the effectiveness of what I've been doing for the past few months. It's been a blast (even if he does call a water bottle a "drink bottle").

Also, he picked up very quickly that I call people I like "stud" a lot. For our first two weeks, he counted every time I used it...51 times in two weeks...trying to improve my vocabulary.

Anyways, fantastic week. I'll keep it short.


Notes/Stories from the Week
  • The dream companion
    • As a part of missionary life, we go on companion exchanges every few weeks or so to learn from and to help other missionaries. Many of the most fun memories I have on the mission so far have come from these 24 hour companion exchanges. This past week I had the privilege of going with Elder Rowe from my MTC district! I lived in the same room as him for the first 9 weeks of my mission and spend pretty much all day with him. I haven't seen him too much over the past year, but he came up this past week. He and I both like to run, so the day started out with a 8 mile run at 0530 :) wayyy fun. He and I both have the same genki, both boldly testifying dendo style so it was one of the best days I've ever had out here.

Miracle/"Tendy Mercy" for the Week
This past Saturday we were at the church to study some and in comes Elder Yamashita  of the 70 and Sister Jones of the general Primary presidency! We talked with them both for only a minute or two, but the simple joy and love they radiate lifted me for the rest of the day. Two simply incredible people with incredible testimonies.

Video and Invitation for the Week
This email is all a bit scattered with thoughts, but this past week I saw this new website on our church website. Please explore and talk to a friend or family member about your thoughts.

https://www.lds.org/preventingsuicide/?lang=eng

Pictures for the Week.
-1: Elder Serville playing the saxophone at a members.



-2: Elder Rowe and I after our morning run.



-3-5: Art museum!








-6-8: Parade we saw at a jieitai base!





Elder Kevin Cash Colton
Japan Fukuoka Mission

ケビン C. コルトン 長老
日本福岡伝道部

No comments:

Post a Comment