Monday, October 10, 2016

General Conference and the Temple

こんにちは!!

General Conference!!! For those who don't know what conference is, it is Christmas for missionaries. Last week I explained it as, "General Conference is a bi-annual global conference for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Like the sermons of Paul of the New Testament and Isaiah in the Old Testament (expect his are a bit harder to understand), we receive modern counsel through living prophets and apostles on how to follow Jesus Christ. It's like Christmas, but eternal presents of knowledge and counsel rather than toys :)." 

Just think about it, a modern day LIVING PROPHET to lead and guide us. If you are wondering what Peter, James, John, Paul, or even Isaiah would say if they were alive, please check out this link and click on a talk that looks interesting.

By the way, yes, of course that is a bold claim. But I wouldn't have left the West Point class of 2017 if it wasn't true.


Notes/Stories from the Week 
  • Goodbye, for now
    • Because God knows I'm weak, He has placed certain incredible people in my life that in a matter of time (sometimes only weeks, sometimes years), change my life and become friends for life. For those of you who come to my wedding someday far off in the future, you will meet most of them there :) Ashton Greenburg was the first on the list about 16 years ago, and over the past few months, Elder James Noah Mismash's name has been written in with permanent marker. He was my four transfer companion who helped--so very patiently--me learn enjoy the mission. We had a blast together and were able to teach some amazing people that transfer. That being said, he quickly gave me the nickname, "chanto military brat." 
    • We then took a few month break from each other until he came up to Kumamoto Zone with me last June. Since then I have seen or talked with him at least once a week. Well, for his last transfer of his mission he got transferred out up to Hiroshima :( We had a bitter sweet goodbye (see pictures below), but he and I both know it's not the end.
    • Love ya, man! (Thanks Mr. Trautwein for the catch phrase)

Miracle/"Tendy Mercy" for the Week
Today we had the chance to go to the Fukuoka temple! I haven't been in just over a year. Long story short, the temple is the closest place on earth to heaven. Because of time, I won't go too in depth, but it was a fantastic experience.

Video and Invitation for the Week
These are some quotes made movies from conference! Enjoy!


Pictures for the Week.
-1: Elder Mismash




-3: Elder Ishikawa




-4: Eikaiwa!




-5: General conference!






-6: party in Fukuoka at McDonald's



-7: the temple!



Elder Kevin Cash Colton
Japan Fukuoka Mission

ケビン C. コルトン 長老
日本福岡伝道部

No comments:

Post a Comment