Monday, November 14, 2016

Miracles and Push-Ups

こんにちは!!

Life is good. Desu.

Notes/Stories from the Week 
  • Dendo Miracles
    • Here in Honbu (the mission home) we still try to get out to dendo as much as possible. Before I came here I was told that if we try to get out everyday, the Lord will bless us. Well, that promise was true! This past week we were able to start teaching a 30 year old Japanese man who actually took the lessons from the missionaries a year ago in a different part of Japan, and able to find a man from Nepal, a Christian from Myanmar, and a young father trying to figure out how to help his family.
  • New Ward!
    • I am now in the biggest congregation in the mission! I went to church this past week and was shocked to see the entire room filled. About 220 members attend each week. This is the future of Japan! It is a lot of new people to get to know, but I'm excited to learn.
  • Humbled Through Push-Ups
    • One of my first responsibilities in honbu was to create the new zone chart for next transfer. After we decided through prayer and discussion where each missionary should go, my job was to type it all up into excel (about 200 missionaries and their areas). My overly confidence self created it and then told my mission president I'd do 50 pushups for every mistake on there. Well, there were 9 mistakes...I guess my attention to detail isn't quite what I thought...Ganbaro!

Miracle/"Tendy Mercy" for the Week
Members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints make a bold claim on what we call having the gift of the Holy Ghost, or the Spirit. After baptism by water by proper authority, we receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost by someone holding authority.    Part of this gift is to be able to receive guidance from our Heavenly Father 24/7. As missionaries, we use this wonderful gift to help guide us to people ready and willing to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ. 

Last night Elder Krebs and I had only 45 or so minutes to find, so we had to trust on the Spirit to know where to go. The simplicity of how the Spirit can work is incredible. We see a man walking towards an apartment. We feel impressed to talk to him. After talking with him we pray to ask where to go. We look up and see an apartment that the Holy Ghost tells us to do. We do it and in the next 10 minutes find two people interested and wanting to learn more. 

Coincidence? I think not! (Name that movie!)


Video and Invitation for the Week
Here is a better explanation of what I just tried to explain above. It is short! Enjoy!


Pictures for the Week.
  1. Elder Yamanashi and Krebs




  1. Birthday surprises
  1. Sister Egan (the mission presidents wife) and Sister Hazalbarth (the hardest working missionary in the mission! The Office secretary!)

Video 1: Elder Yamanashi

video


Video 2: Something Elder Krebs, Sister Willson, and I put together before district meeting. Never too early for Christmas!

video


Elder Kevin Cash Colton
Japan Fukuoka Mission

ケビン C. コルトン 長老
日本福岡伝道部

No comments:

Post a Comment