Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Life is good!

こんにちは!

Life is great!!! This was transfer week for the mission, which has become one of the best weeks of each transfer.

Notes/Stories from the Week
  • Another week!
    • Tuesday: The New Missionaries came in!
      • And they are incredible! 23 brand new missionaries from the MTC with the faith to baptize the world. Having the chance to spend even a few hours with them over the course of Tuesday-Thursday was fantastic. It is impossible to get trunky when I am around them. Over 13 sisters and 10 elders came in, with two from the Philipines and one from Brazil!
    • Wednesday: Training the new missionaries and the trainers
      • Another fantastic day! We got to introduce the new missionaries to the mission, and train the trainers as well. The highlight, as always, was Wednesday night where the trainers meet their trainers for the first time. Kaicho calls each new missionary up one at a time and then calls up the trainer. Always one of the most spiritual moments for me in missionary work.
    • Thursday: Transfer day (every six weeks)! 
      • It's pretty incredible how smooth transfers typically go. I have no doubt in my mind that God is in charge of this work. There are two many moving pieces for 200 transfering missionaries for it to always go as well as it does.
Miracle/"Tendy Mercy" for the Week

Similar to Old and New Testament times, the Lord has commanded us to build and worship in holy temples. These past few days have increased my testimony and love of temples. Here are few of the experiences I've had in the past few weeks.
  1. We had the opportunity to go to the temple this past week. One of the highlights was the very end of the session. After ending a prayer, I looked up and realized that Elder Strickland (my current companion) and Elder Yamanashi (my previous companion) were the last three in the room. With appreiciation and joy, I realized that Heaven would be a bit like that. Joy and rejoicing with each other as we understand what the Lord has done for us.
  2. Today both the Shimonoseki Branch and the Kumamoto members are at the temple (see pictures below). I was able to see Suzuki Kyodai, my ward missionary leader in Kumamoto, as well as tons of the members from the Shimonoseki branch when they brought their primary into the mission home for a tour. I'm sure being able to actually talk to them in Japanese helps (my first area was Shimonoseki where I was first learning Japanese), but I absolutely loved it. One of the members who came, Hiramatsu Kyodai, jointed for us 1-2 per week for my entire six months there. He is raising his granddaugther, has a job, and is in the branch presidency. Despite all of that, he found time each week to help us teach lessons to the Japanese people. When I thanked him for that today, he simply smiled and said it was a blessing for his to be able to do it. He is up there with people in this world I respect the most!
  3. Tanaka Kyodai and Muraishi Kyodai (both baptized in Shimonoseki) are back at the temple today to do baptisms. God is great!

Video and Invitation for the Week
One of the best parts of the temple is that once you enter, everyone is the same. Your job, financial situation, and any difference virtually vanishes. If only all of the world could be that way. Please watch and share with someone you think it could help!

Pictures for the Week.
1: Elder Yamanashi (previous companion) and President Egan at the hakata eki


2: Elder Yamanashi (previous comp) and Elder Strickland (current comp)



3; Suzuki Kyodai from the Kumamoto ward! He was my dendo shunin for six months. He was here for the temple today and I got to see him.


4: Look who happened to stop by today! The Luczak twins! They were both in my MTC district. The one on the left served in this mission, and the one on the right served in Kobe. They returned a few months ago and are back visited both their missions.


5: The Shimonoseki Branch Primary



Love you!!

Elder Kevin Cash Colton
Japan Fukuoka Mission

ケビン C. コルトン 長老
日本福岡伝道部

No comments:

Post a Comment