Not much time today so this will be short!
Notes/Stories from the Week
- The Small Things
- Last Saturday
- Last P-day jamming out on the piano with Elder Strickland (Thanks Jon Schmidt for the tips)!
- Seeing the Lord's hand in the transfer process to see where each missionary will go.
- Spending a few hours with zone leaders and then a few hours with Kaicho talking about all of the missionaries in the mission and all of the investigators with baptism dates in the mission.
- Going to an absolutely fanastic district meeting by Elder Tofa where he skillfully called us to repentance for being even remotely trunky.
- Meeting on the street a young father who's mother in law just passed away. He was wondering if there was hope.
- Meeting "Go" on the street! See story below.
- Eating out an Indian curry with the office staff!
- Making a delicious no-bake cherry cheesecake.
- Going to a grocery store and given free mochi! See the video! We even got to help make it!
This past week's dendo was a blast! While getting rejected certainly isn't always fun, finding those with interest makes it all worth it. This last week we met a man named, "Go," (I told him my name was "Stop." He actually laughed so I immedietely liked him). He is interested in God and actually gave us his contact information so we can meet with him. To most it would just seem like a random interaction, but it is always a miracle to me when we find people like him who seem to have been searching for the truth for their entire lives.
Video and Invitation for the Week
A bit similar to the last two weeks of videos, this one talks about how we naturally judge others. Whether it is judging the homeless, those of a different faith, or those that are simply different than you, I think we can all agree it does no good in the long run.
library/video/2011-04-008-the- civility-experiment?category= mormon-messages/mormon- messages-2011&lang=eng&cid=HP_ TH_16-3-2017_dPFD_fMLIB_ xLIDyI-2_
Pictures for the Week.
1: Just one for this week- The crew with Elder Hazelbarth (financial secretary) at an Indian Curry restaurant!
Video for the Week.
1: Making mochi outside the grocery store!
Elder Kevin Cash Colton
Japan Fukuoka Mission
ケビン C. コルトン 長老